Tell Senator Schumer You Support The For The People Act
The For The People Act is the most critical civil rights legislation of our time, and it includes public financing to reduce the influence of big money in our nation’s elections.
It also does a lot more to expand and protect our democracy:
- Makes it easier to register to vote
- Eliminates barriers to voting
- Blocks partisan and racist attempts to suppress voting
- Ends partisan gerrymandering
- Limits the influence of corporations and the wealthy in politics
- Makes our elections more secure
- Much, much, more
What Should I Say?
Hi, this is [YOUR FULL NAME] calling from [YOUR LOCATION].
I want to thank Senator Schumer for his strong support of the For The People Act and ask him to use all of his power to pass it. He shouldn’t let the filibuster get in his way.
I’d also like to let him know that he should pass the bill without stripping out public financing of elections or any other parts of the bill.
Other things you can say:
- I think that protecting our democracy is one of the major civil rights issues of our time.
- I agree with Senator Schumer that “Failure to pass this bill is not an option.”
- While not part of the For The People Act, I also support D.C. statehood, which would give over 700,000 people full representation